Sunday, October 16, 2011

Sunday Grab Bag

Just a few random images harvested from a grand tour of the internet.

Dang It's a Great Day Department



Did Superman Ever Star in a Diorama Fighting a Cyclops? Department


Yes. Yes he did. At the World's Fair, in fact.

Geeks Come Out of Your Shell Department


Handy guide to the popular dances of the day. Don't miss a chance to shake your geek thing.

G.I. Jump the Shark Department


This is the point when your toy line has take one step to many. See also - William "The Refrigerator" Perry with a football flail action figure.

Halloween Peaked in the 1970's Deparment


Let's just be honest about it and move on with our lives.

Theo Ortner Kicks Ass Department


Those teeth are going to leave a mark.

Keep it Clean Department


Yeah, ending it with the bowel gnomes.

6 comments:

  1. I...I thought farts made "poo" go? So it's gnomes greasing the wheels in there? Good deal! I had a great one this morning. The kind you dream of for Sunday morn. Thanks for all your hard work gnomes! Sorry about all that Jack in the Box last week.

    The cyclops is more a Wonder Woman foe being greek and all. I'm guessing these are both from some other display previously (A superman dummy from a store opening promotion, and a cyclops from a Homer's Odysssy display at a college somewhere). Man, gotta love the simple "can-do" of the olden days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think he might be pre-Steve Austin- but then again, I'm really not sure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had a Bionic Woman doll. And now that I'm all grown up, I have Bionic Woman on DVD.

    Have an oogie boogie week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, I had a Steve Austin. You could roll his skin up on his arm and hook him up to some kind of recharge device thingee. I mostly remember using him with my Evel Knievel dragster that you could rev-up and then send careening across the kitchen floor into things. Had Steve Austin and Evel Knievel been able to team up in real life, the world would clearly be a better place.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...